Tuesday, July 17, 2007

37signals, OpenID and .mac

37signals announced that they've extended their OpenID login to Highrise:
Now the Open Bar includes your Highrise accounts too. So now you have single sign-on for both Basecamp and Highrise accounts. Log into any one of your accounts and you’re logged into all your accounts.

It's a good implementation, with a single click between your accounts in both systems, and it's coming soon to Backpack too. I let my .name id lapse when they asked for cash, and I've been holding out on Apple adding OpenID to .mac accounts. Well it turns out that they already sort-of did, by virtue of sharing screen names with AOL and the AIM service. If you've an AIM account you can use it as an OpenID of the form:

openid.aol.com/screenname

I'm delighted to see this extends to .mac screen names too, thus:

openid.aol.com/sharl@mac.com

I'm still hoping Apple will do it properly, but for now, this works great.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: