Saturday, June 16, 2007

Fake Steve predicts The Coming Storm

In A great post (dare I say a return to form?) Fake Steve Jobs announces how he plans to deal wit the coming media backlash towards Apple:
I call it the Obi-Wan Kenobi defense. I put on my brown robe, turn off my light saber, and just let the bad guys attack me. It's a necessary part of the story. The story needs me to fail now, to suffer, so that then I can come back in even greater glory. It's like Jesus -- no crucifixion, no resurrection. Media whores, listen to me: If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

Actually, there's a spot-on comment from someone called Jim:

next stop on the train, of course, will be the iPhone launch. We will get the "lines out the door... how can you possibly get one of these things" coverage on the 29th and 30th, then within a couple of days the media will be full of stories knocking the thing down. The screen scratches when I forcefully dig my car keys into it, the battery life sucks and it doesn't feed my cat like the nice man in the AT&T store told me it would. The thing will go from being the greatest advance in the history of communications one day to a shameful flop within 48 hours.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

No comments: