Friday, June 15, 2007

You wait 10 years for a paradigm shift and 3 come along at once.

Jason at Webomatica says We Need Another Paradigm Shift On The Desktop:
Here’s a short list of stuff that would make me run out and buy a new Mac:

Graphically rich ways of visualizing my data (all that Tufte stuff).
Really tiny, portable hardware.
Motion detection.
Eliminate the application / file model.
Written language comprehension.
Pattern recognition. Realize I’m doing a task repeatedly and create a scheduled task. Basically, a computer that learns.
Image recognition. Can’t the computer realize half of my photos are of the same cat and label the rest based on a couple of initial tags?
Voice recognition.
Programming for anybody.

I say: Careful what you wish for Jason. There are at least 5 of those that Apple are delivering or developing with Leopard/iPhone/Safari-Web Kit/Mac hardware. It's all coming together quite nicely.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Webomatica said...

Thanks for the link. Bring all the iPhone stuff to the desktop is what I'm saying. We're really overdue for something really new, as revolutionary as the original Mac was to the Apple IIe.